Goldenwest Aged Care Information Service was launched in May 2015 when we identified a gap where that aged persons, Carers found it difficult to access information on Aged Care. Since changes within Aged Care sector began in July 2014 it has become overwhelming and challenging for all of us to navigate the Aged Care maze. Golden West Aged Care Information Service provides information to the aged person, carers and families about:
- Retirement/Independent Living
- Help at home
- Residential care
- Respite services
While we are based in Dubbo, our aged care information Consultants Tiffany Burton and Barbara Howells have relevant backgrounds in aged care, as well as the finance industry. We service the Central West and Far West regions of NSW. We have servicing offices in Mudgee, Orange, Cobar, Nyngan, Forbes, and, we will visit you in your home if required by you.
At Goldenwest Aged Care Information Services we can give you an information package that is tailored to your situation and provide you with the steps you need to simplify your journey. This can be made less stressful with early planning and the right information for you to make sound decisions.
HOW WE CAN HELP YOU…
- We can source information on fees, available services and facilities for those considering retirement/independent living
- We can help you understand the implications of different scenarios and the impact that they could have on your lifestyle and finances
- If you are a Carer, we can provide you with information on Carer services, including respite.
- If you need help at home, we are able to provide you with information on a range of services available within your area so you can make an informed decision.
- We can provide information for the process that you need to follow in order to access government subsidised services, home care packages, respite and residential care and the costs involved.
- We can assist you with completing the lodging Centrelink applications, and will liaise with Centrelink for enquiries and updates for your benefit.
Do you have appropriate powers in place so that you have someone that you trust looking after your best interests in the event of you not being able to e.g. illness, misadventure? We can provide you with information on estate living, and future planning.